Sketch & Paint in
TUSCANY with JAN POYNTER
2019 Sept 14 – 21
All levels of creative skill are welcome in this workshop/tour group. A focus on pencil sketching on location & watercolor lessons with advanced support for experienced painters working independently in other mediums. (Acrylic, pastel, oil etc)
Enjoy your Tuscan art adventure with professional illustrator and painter Jan Poynter. Explore Tuscany with an english speaking guide, group tours & meals included and time for dedicated plein air activity at Jan’s favorite locations. (with indoor studio/workshop space on site for Demos and late night creative ;-)
Paint every minute, explore independantly or just relax by the pool. No pressure. No masterpieces required.
Check out the GALLERY of Jan’s sketches and paintings from MAY 2018
BOOK NOW ! Workshop space is limited to 10 students
contact Jan for more info on this creative journey
final PRICING is not fixed yet – as the final tour details may change slightly. Pricing does NOT include flights, materials or travel insurance. Workshop costs differ>based on Accommodation choices: shared/single/Apt upgrade. I am partnering with Artravelitaly.it to host this workshop – a local Certaldo company with great english speaking staff and excellent on-site support & event transportation.
Artravelitaly will handle all registration, deposits and final payments.
7 day Workshop COST Estimate: 2100 euros > 2800 euros.
deposit of 600 euros at registration
(CAN$ Exchange estimate June 18: $3200 CAN > $4260 CAN. deposit of $913 CAN at registration)
balance of payment required 6 weeks before the workshop dates.
7 day Workshop INCLUDES:
- Small group 10-12 painting participants / Beginner to Advanced – partners are welcome
- Optional tours and activities offered (Tuscan cooking, Italian lessons, Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi, bike rental, private drivers, etc)
- 7 nights Tuscan VILLA Accommodation MAP. Shared or single rooms and alternate group apartments.
- Agriturismo VILLA estate with olive groves, vineyards, courtyards and swimming pool.
- 7 Continental style breakfast with eggs, cheese, fresh fruit, yogurt and sweets.
(Vegetarian and other dietary requests are accommodated.)
- 7 Freshly prepared Tuscan Gourmet dinners at the VILLA
- Estate Wine and olive oil tasting with lunches on site
- Transportation for the field trips to S. Gimignano, Certaldo Alto, Siena
- Guided tour and museum entrance in Siena
- Airport or train station pick up and drop off at agreed times
- Ground transportation while at Villa
- Easels and folding stools, use of inside Studio space adjacent to VILLA.
- Materials and packing list provided to registered participants.
Each day includes: breakfast, transportation to activities and 3 course dinner with wine.
Wifi is included and available anytime in the garden courtyard.
Saturday DAY 1 pick up in Florence Train or Airport. Transfer to Villa Fattoria Bacio near Certaldo.
Meet and greet group dinner with an introductory painting demo & discussion by instructor.
Sunday DAY 2 Villa estate wine tasting and Gourmet lunch. Rest, explore & paint
Tuesday DAY 4 Train>group to Siena. Paint/sketch museum tour, cafes etc
Wednesday DAY 5 Villa Local day to paint or relax. Afternoon painting Demo with wine.
Friday DAY 7 painting critique and farewell group dinner
Saturday DAY 8 group breakfast > transfers to Florence train or Airport
I got lots of sketching and watercolor painting done during May 2018 journey in Tuscany. Some only steps away from the Villa, with great local locations in the countryside and nearby Certaldo ALTO. My wandering and exploration paid off with fabulous locations (cafes & Tuscan cuisine) in historic Siena and Florence.
Come and join me in a creative adventure !
Our villa stay is near the small town of Certaldo on the regional train line to Florence & Siena. Fattoria Bacio MAP is a working vineyard and olive farm – with their own estate wine & olive oils. You can rent a bike if you want a more active adventure – the farm roads and hillside vinyards are fantastic. (lots of hills…I used an e-bike!) Each couple of days of art instruction & plein air will be punctuated with a cultural tour or activity. The medieval Certaldo ALTO is only minutes away. No cars or crowds.
Check out my sketchbook and watercolors that I did in TUSCANY MAY 2018
Anyone wishing to extend their journey before or after the workshop I can recommend great central stay places in: Certaldo, Milan & Florence…and any ceramic folks should check out La MERIDIANA – it is just down the road.