TUSCANY with JAN POYNTER
Sketch, Paint and Tour. 2019 dates TBD (May or Sept)
CALL FOR INTEREST
contact Jan to stay updated on this creative journey
- Small group 10-12 painting participants / Intermediate to Advanced – partners welcome
- Optional tours and activities offered (Tuscan cooking, Italian lessons, Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi, etc)
- 7 nights Tuscan VILLA Accommodation. Shared or single rooms and alternate group apartments.
- Agriturismo VILLA estate with Olive Groves, Vineyards, courtyards, paths and swimming pool.
- 7 Continental style breakfast with eggs, cheese, fresh fruit, yogurt and sweets.
(Vegetarian and other dietary requests are accommodated.)
- 7 Freshly prepared Tuscan Gourmet dinners at the VILLA
- Estate Wine and olive oil tasting with lunches on site
- Transportation for the field trips to S. Gimignano, Certaldo Alto, Siena
- Guided tour and museum entrance in Siena
- Airport or train station pick up and drop off at agreed times
- Ground transportation while at Villa
- Easels and stools, use of Villa Studio space adjacent to VILLA.
- Materials and packing list provided to registered participants.
Each day includes: breakfast, transportation to activities and 3 course dinner with wine
Saturday DAY 1 pick up in Florence Train or Airport. Transfer to Villa Bacio near Certaldo.
Meet and greet group dinner with an introductory painting demo & discussion by instructor.
Sunday DAY 2 Villa estate wine tasting and Gourmet lunch. Rest, explore & paint
Monday DAY 3 paint/sketch in nearby Certaldo Alto Medieval Hilltop town. (no cars)
Cafes for own lunch, hilltop views and historic buildings, museum, shops.
Tuesday DAY 4 Train>group to Siena. Paint/sketch museum tour, cafes etc
Wednesday DAY 5 Villa Local day to paint or relax. Afternoon painting Demo with wine.
Thursday DAY 6 Tour to San Gimignano Towers, frescoes and artworks.
Thursday street market and paint/sketch throughout the historic town center.
Friday DAY 7 painting critique and farewell group dinner
Saturday DAY 8 group breakfast > transfers to Florence train or Airport
I will be painting in Southern California in Jan/Feb Check out the BLOG to follow my journey