SORRY but the Porpoise Bay event has been cancelled due to lack of interest and
scheduling issues with the Provincial Park and campsite closure.
If you would still like to visit the Sunshine Coast PLEASE contact Jan
Enjoy some plein air painting during the IPAP weekend – down at the colorful Gibsons Landing wharf next to Molly’s Reach.
Awesome views of the mountains and islands of Howe Sound as a backdrop to the wooden tugs, sail and working fish boats in this spectacular harbour. Hanging baskets and gardens dot the village of Gibsons Landing with buskers, funky shops, galleries and cafes. It’s a great place to sketch – and a wonderful spot for painting – on the dock or hillside overlooking the harbour.
If there is enough participants – we’ll organize a dinner and I am happy to provide info re: local accommodation, boat or RV services.
CANCELLED Porpoise Bay PAINT OUT Sept 14-15-16 2012
part of the International Plein Air paint out http://ipap.homestead.com/paintout.html
Porpoise Bay Provincial Park has invited artists to set up an event/display at the waterfront area.
On the shoreline of Porpoise Bay – the long, tidal inlet east of Sechelt Penninsula. Nearby salmon stream, woodland trails, sandy beaches and marsh grasses with a backdrop of the shimmering waves, mountains and wooded shorelines, near & far.
rough outline of the weekend activities – Saturday
- Camping avail for visiting artists Fri & Sat nights.
- SAT 10am Registration – name tags and info for painters > coffee/muffins
- supervised shelter with artwork, cards etc for sale.
- PAINTOUT -11am – 2pm
- 3-4 designated painting locations (with shelter) throughout the waterfront & nearby trails
- map/artist bios for visitors – to wander the artists working on site
- 3 pm public ART SALE – the day’s paint out panels displayed at the shelter
- Artist talk & demos at the shelter
- Kids coloring center throughout the day
- 5pm Group Potluck picnic dinner for participants
NOTE: this timing allows for ferry arrival & travel for Saturday Day only participants
SUNDAY 10 am > coffee/muffins – for painters
- Sunday am – Jan Poynter to host a free public trail/sketch walk & talk
- Painters welcome to continue work Sunday am
- supervised shelter with artwork, cards etc for sale till4pm.
It is also the fabulous Pender Harbour JAZZ FESTIVAL this Sept weekend
I am going to suggest a sponsored shuttle driver/service up to the festival for participants
Fri & Sat 9-12 PM (to Grasshopper Pub – no cover) great music, food & views.
and Sunday to Madeira Park for the Jazzapalooza session $20 ticket=4 bands 12-4pm.